I came across this via IndianaDG. Check their post for more info!
… … …
This a solar grant opportunity for organizations serving the low income and vulnerable population in Indiana It is called SUN FOR ALL Solar Empowerment Grants. Here is some information:
- The application for organizations will be released on 6/15 with responses due by 7/10. NOTE: applicants must gather 12 months of detailed electricity bills to provide as an appendix to the forthcoming application, and some other information that hopefully won’t be too tough to collect or put together.
- Solar project funding totaling approximately $450,000 will be available for the installations of projects that are less than 0.5 MW for community, educational, religious, and non-profit organizations who primarily serve low income and vulnerable populations in Indiana.
- We will want applicants to show us how (1) they’ve done energy efficiency at the project sites or will do energy efficiency at the project sites, (2) these bill savings from the solar panels will translate into increased budget/services for low income folks, and (3) they can use this as an educational and community engagement opportunity.
- A preference will be given for projects in the Indiana Michigan (“I&M”) Power Company’s electric service territory in Indiana, but organizations in any electric service territory in Indiana may apply.
- The grant may award up to 100% of the cost of the solar installation, although preferred applicants will provide some funds or in-kind donations to help pay for and support the proposed project.